Last updated: July 14th, 2018
Daltonomous Inc. O/A ADLIUS (“Daltonomous”, “us”, “ADLIUS”, “we”, “Company” or “our”) operates various websites including, without limitation, the www.adlius.com website and domains, and provides various features, content, or applications offered in connection therewith (the “Service”). A copy of these Terms and Conditions can be downloaded HERE.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, postal address, and email address (“Personal Information”). We may ask you to provide us with information regarding your company that will be used for account management, such as, but not limited to, the business number, company phone number, company address, company mailing address, Canada Revenue Agency-related information, banking information (including but not limited to account numbers for billing purposes), or any other relevant information that we deem necessary.
We may also collect Personal Information from quality assurance and customer service calls, and may collect location information for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to third party service providers.
Daltonomous Collects Personal Information in a number of ways:
- Information you provide – Daltonomous will collect Personal Information supplied by you from time to time, for example:
- When you sign up or register for the Services, we ask you for personal information such as your name, email address, address, telephone number and certain other Personal Information.
- If you contact Daltonomous to make a request, comment or to provide feedback to Daltonomous, we may collect Personal Information such as your name, email address, address, telephone number, particulars of your inquiry or complaint and certain other Personal Information
- Log Data – We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- Cookies – Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- Clear Gifs Information- When you use our Services, we may employ “clear gifs” (also known as “web beacons”) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously (i.e. in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to us we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links – The Services may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our Services, customized content and advertising.
We may utilize Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us;
- to identify who you are, communicate with you about your account and to provide you with information related to other services. If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from selected sponsors or advertisers, your Personal Information would also be used to contact you or to send you e-mail materials and other mailings about products and services that might be of interest to you. You always have the option, however, to tell us not to share your Personal Information with or to exclude you from offers for other products or services;
- to notify you of changes to our Services;
- to process inquiries or complaints;
- we may also contact you from time to time to conduct market research and surveys in an effort to continually improve our product and service offerings;
- for technical, research and analytical purposes and to develop or enhance product and service offerings; and
- such other purposes as may be identified at the time of collection.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Daltonomous retains Personal Information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of our identified purposes or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable laws. When Personal Information is no longer necessary or relevant for our identified purposes, or required by applicable laws, or the client contract has been terminated (the later of such date being the, “End Date”), Daltonomous will take the following steps:
- We will delete, destroy, and erase, any copies of Personal Information from our servers, storage facilities and any other locations that we are aware of within 90 days of the End Date, provided that:
- our own created documents, be they legal, or financial, or of any other nature, regardless of whether they contain client information or the client’s company information. These documents will be stored for a period not to exceed 10 years from the End Date.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Notwithstanding the security measures taken by Daltonomous you acknowledge that the internet and electronic communications are not secure mediums. Daltonomous does not represent, warrant or guarantee that Personal Information will be secure and you acknowledge that you submit Personal Information at your own risk.
Links To Other Sites
Our Service is not directed to anyone under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”). We do not knowingly make the Service available to Children and do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a Child has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such Personal Information from our servers immediately.
Disclosing Your Information
Daltonomous will disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- where we have your consent;
- to any third party service providers that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf;
- in the case of an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual may be threatened;
- when information is necessary for the detection and prevention of fraud;
- when disclosure is to a lawyer representing Daltonomous;
- to collect a debt;
- to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order, lawful request or legal process.; or
- as may be otherwise required or permitted by law.
In all of the above circumstances, we will only disclose the information that is required, or requested and nothing further.
Accessing Your Information
Upon written request, Daltonomous will inform you whether or not it holds Personal Information about you and provide you with access to your information within a reasonable timeframe and no cost, through electronic submission. If you identify an inaccuracy or incompleteness in your Personal Information, Daltonomous will amend your Personal Information and notify any third parties as required by applicable laws.
In certain situations and depending on applicable laws, Daltonomous may not be able to provide access to all of the Personal Information that it holds about you. For example, Daltonomous may not provide access to Personal Information if doing so:
- would likely reveal Personal Information about a third party;
- could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual;
- would reveal Daltonomous or third party confidential information;
- includes information that is protected by solicitor or attorney client privilege; or
- includes information that was processed in relation to the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of a law.
In order to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access, Daltonomous may ask that you provide sufficient information to identify yourself prior to providing access to your Personal Information.
Depending on the circumstances and applicable laws, Daltonomous may refuse to process certain access requests (e.g. access requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, would be extremely impractical or require disproportionate technical effort).
Marketing and Communications
Daltonomous may communicate with you by a variety of means, such as using the email address(es) that associated to your account or your telephone number. If you have consented to receiving advertising or promotional materials we may communicate information, surveys, marketing materials, advertisements or customized content which has been personalized to try to make it more relevant to you as part of your existing business relationship with Daltonomous. You may unsubscribe from these marketing communications by way of unsubscribing from our emailing list, by notifying us over the phone, and by managing your communication preferences at www.adlius.com
Communications such as those notifying you of important changes, to tell you how to manage your credentials or account, to provide service infrastructure notifications or information about upgrades or updates, to provide warranty information, product recall information, safety or security information, are important to your use of the Daltonomous Service, unless otherwise required by applicable law you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.